HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Wireless Setup
Wireless Setup simplify the printing process; your printer and computer device should share the wireless network. With this network connection, you can easily send the printing request without attaching your printer to the computer device. Here, we gave information about the requirements and instructions for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 wireless setup.
- Before starting the HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Wireless Setup, make sure that the following requirements are met. First, your windows should be of Vista or later version; Mac should be of OS X 10.5 or later version.
- Second, your computer should be connected to an 802.11 b/g/n wireless network. Lastly, the computer must use a dynamic IP address.
- Visit HP Official Website and enter your printer’s model. Hit Find and download the top-listed software from the list.
- After that, open and run the setup.exe file on your computer device. Turn ON your printer device and setup your printer device for the connection process.
- Use the on-screen instructions and complete the driver installation process. If prompted, choose the connection type as wireless in the “Connection Options” Window.
- Following that, click “Yes, send my wireless settings on the printer” on the Device Network Connection Window.
- After a while, your printer device gets automatically connected to the computer and displays the confirmation window.
- Use the On-screen instructions and complete the HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Wireless Setup process.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Wireless Setup Requirements
- For the setup, you need Network name SSID, security passphrase WEP key, a computer that is connected to the same wireless network as your wireless-capable printer device
- First, Turn ON your printer, router and the computer device. Then, unplug the USB and other cable from the printer device.
- If you were using the USB connection, you can change the USB to the wireless connection with the following instructions:
- First, search for HP in the list of installed programs and select your printer device from the list. Click Utilities and then select Printer Setup and Software Selection.
- After that, select Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and use the on-screen instructions and complete the software installation.
Wireless Network Connection with HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Wireless Setup Wizard
- Touch Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel and then click wireless menu (gear-like icon).
- After that, touch the wireless settings and choose HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Wireless Setup wizard from the listed option.
- Soon after that, the printer automatically scans and displays a list of wireless networks within the range.
- Here, you have to select the preferred wireless network from the list of wireless networks and use the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
Printer Driver Installation
- Visit HP Official Website and get latest version of printer driver software. Similarly, you can also download the printer driver software with the package CD.
- First, Turn ON your printer device and unplug the USB and other cables from the printer device. Visit HP Official Website, choose your printer model and click download.
- Use the Change option and change the software version. After that, click download under the driver heading and use the basic driver option to change the basic driver option.
Instructions to find your WEP password
Your WEP or WPA password is required to establish the wireless connection; use the following instructions and locate the WEP passphrase of your device.
Your Internet Service Provider automatically assigns a network password after you subscribe for the internet service. Get your WEP passphrase from the original paperwork that came along with your ISP. The required password might be titled as wireless key, security password, WPA2 password or WEP key. If you can’t locate the password, get the ISP support and carry out the process.
- First, right-click on the wireless network tray icon and click open Network and Sharing Center. Then, click adapter settings.
- Locate your wireless network from the list of available networks. Right-click the preferred wireless network and click status.
- Then, click wireless properties and open the security tab. Use the show characters check box and get the password information.
- From the finder menu, click GO and then click utilities. Open the Keychain application, click local items under the keychains list and password under the category list.
- Choose the preferred wireless network from the list of available networks. Double-click the preferred network and then select the show password check box.
- During this process, the device may ask you to enter the administrator password and click OK.