HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Ink Cartridges Setup
With the genuine HP ink and toner supplies you can achieve high-quality print. In general, you can find the genuine HP ink cartridges along with the printer package. For the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Ink Cartridges setup, open the printer’s top cover and install the ink cartridges on their allotted space. This printer device supports both high yield and standard yield cartridges but the higher yield cartridge results in better output. If the print quality is not as expected, use these following instructions and fix the issue. Specifically, if there is a faded output, ink smears or blurred text then these guidelines help you to fix the cartridge-related issue.
Printer Driver Reinstallation
- If the device fails to process your printing request, reinstall the printer driver and re-establish the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Ink Cartridges Setup. First, uninstall the Printer driver in your device.
- After that, visit HP Official Website or use the Printer Driver Installation CD to complete the printer driver installation.
- Try printing and check with the print quality. If the issue is still not resolved, continue the troubleshooting process.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Ink Cartridges- Print Head
- Check with the ink cartridges’ printhead as the clogged printhead might affect the printing quality. Generally, you can use the automated tool on your printer device to clean the printhead.
- First, load paper into the input tray and then choose setup from the printer’s control panel.
- Now, the setup menu displays you list of printer related options. Choose Clean Print Head under the Printer Maintenance menu.
- Immediately, the printer device prints out a test page. You can easily determine the print quality with this test page.
- Use the Clean Again option to repeat the cleaning process. Finally, send a printing request and if the issue is still not resolved continue the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Ink Cartridges troubleshooting process.
- These guided instructions help you to fix the ink smear issue. First, load a stack of paper into the input tray and choose setup from the printer’s control panel.
- Now, choose printer maintenance from the setup menu and then select clean page smears.
- The printer device automatically prints out a test page. Use this test page to review the printer quality.
- If the issue is still not resolved continue the troubleshooting process and fix the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Ink Cartridges problem.
Paper Type and Quality
- Your paper’s type or size could determine the print quality. Use these guided instructions and check the printer’s compatibility with the loaded paper.
- In general, every paper has printing and nonprinting side. You can find manufacturer’s logo on the non-printing side.
- Use clean and wrinkle-free paper. Determine and use the correct paper, use plain paper with ColorLok technology for everyday text document.
- On the Other Hand, use the HP Advanced Photo Paper for high dense and color printing. Don’t leave unused photo paper in the input tray, store it in the resealable bag.
- In the end, try loading different paper and check with the functionality. If the issue is still not resolved, continue the troubleshooting process.
- The Print Settings of your device determines the printing quality, use these instructions and check the device’s settings .
- First, open the software application that is being used to send the printing request. Choose print from the file menu.
- Use the Properties Dialog box and set the basic settings like paper type, paper quality, paper size and color.
- Finally, click OK to save the preferred settings. Try to print, if the issue is still not resolved continue the troubleshooting process.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Ink Cartridges Replacement
- Generally, the ink levels determine the print quality. Touch Ink Information icon on the printer’s control panel and get information about the estimated ink levels.
- If the ink levels are low, replace the ink cartridges using these instructions.
- Use the power button and Turn ON your printer device. After that, open the ink access door and wait until the carriage gets idle.
- Press and pull out the cartridge from its slot. To install new ink cartridges, hold the new cartridges by its side and remove the protective orange-cap.
- Use the label color and firmly place the ink cartridge in their slots. After placing the ink cartridges, close the cartridge access door and the device automatically aligns the cartridge.
- Try to print, if the issue is still not resolved get the manufacturer’s support.