HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Wi-Fi Direct Setup
HP Wi-Fi Direct Setup allows you to establish the Wi-Fi connection between the printer and the computer device without the wireless router. With the HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Wi-Fi Direct Setup, your device can easily detect the nearby devices and establish wireless connection with them. This Process simplify the communication process and it lets the devices to communicate without using the Wi-Fi protocols. Wi-Fi Direct can also be attributed as Wi-Fi peer-to-peer or Wi-Fi P2P as it establishes the wireless connection in peer-to-peer mode.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Wi-Fi Direct Setup - Working Process
Here, we gave information about the Wi-Fi Direct features and its working technique to assist in the HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Wi-Fi Direct Setup. Wi-Fi Direct employs simple process or methods to accomplish the wireless network connection.
First, Wi-Fi Direct uses the Wi-Fi Technology to connect with the wireless routers. While, Wi-Fi Direct Device acts as an access point and set up wireless network connection with Wi-Fi enabled devices. Besides that, it offers various features with simple setup process.
In this Step, your Wi-Fi Direct scans and locate the Wi-Fi Direct devices within the range. To put in other words, this process helps you to get information about the devices that supports Wi-Fi Direct feature.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Wi-Fi Direct Setup – WPS
After locating the preferred Wi-Fi enabled device, you can establish the wireless connection using the Wireless Protected Setup. With WPS, you can easily setup the wireless connection without entering wireless network credentials like network name and WPA passphrase. You can establish Wi-Fi Protected Setup Connection in two methods.
- First, press the WPS button on the router to discover new devices. After that, go to your device and select the network with which you want to establish the connection.
- Your device gets automatically connected to the wireless network without prompting you to enter the network credentials like SSID and Network passphrase.
- You can easily establish wireless connection with the wireless printers or extenders with the WPS button. Press and hold the WPS button on the router and then press the WPS button on the wireless enabled devices.
- After that, WPS automatically share the network related information to the targeted device and those devices store the information for the future use.
- Wi-Fi Direct uses WPA2 security standard and it has some improvised features such as it uses the AES algorithm and Counter cipher mode instead of TKIP.
- With the WPA2 encryption, you can establish most secure wireless network connection.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Wi-Fi Direct Setup for Windows
- To start with, Turn ON your printer device and make sure that it is at active or ready state. Now, slide out the input tray and load a stack of A4 sheets.
- After that, open the device settings and then click Add a Printer or scanner. Use the “show Wi-Fi Direct Printers” option to get the list of available devices.
- Locate and choose the printer device that has DIRECT in its name. Then, click Add device to open the WPS PIN Window.
- Meanwhile, go to the printer device and get the WPS PIN of the printer device with the printer’s control panel options.
- Return to your computer device and enter the WPS PIN in the respective field. Click Next to complete the wireless network connection process.
- Browse through the computer device and open the document or image that you want to print. Then, click print under the file menu and choose the preferred device from the result.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Wi-Fi Direct Setup for Mac
- Turn ON your printer device and make sure that it is active and ready state. Then, load a stack of wrinkle-free A4 sheets in the input tray.
- Now, click the wireless icon on the computer device and select the printer device that has DIRECT in its name.
- Use the Default password 12345678 for the log in process. After that, open the document or image that you want to print and select print under the file menu.
- Select the preferred printer device from the list of accessible device and then click print. After finishing the process, connect the printer device to the local Wi-Fi network.