123 HP OfficeJet 5744 printer Troubleshooting
Setting up the printer is not a cup of tea for everyone. You need to go through some hurdles and issues. You can also troubleshoot those issues with the help of resolutions given here. Then, continue Reading and get information about the Network Troubleshoot Process.
Network connection can be miscellaneous but there is one solution to this issue. Now, creating a manual connection could help you to flee from the network issues.
Follow the instructions given below to get connected with network manually:
Remember : –
The steps given below do not suit for USB printer connection. If you are using a USB printer connection, you can ignore.
The advantage of a manual IP address connection is, printer communication is more direct method and the printer will not go offline unnecessarily.
Manual Connection Process
- Network configuration page
- Print a network configuration Report or Wireless test report from your HP OfficeJet 5744 printer by clicking network settings or network setup menu.
- Then, check out the network status for your network connection type either wired or wireless on the report printout. Continue if you see the status as connected.
- If you see the status such as off or Disabled, then your HP OfficeJet 5744 printer is detached from your network and this is the reason for your printer’s offline status. You must attach the printer to your network before you carry on.
- For extra assistance see the User Guide, search the HP website for your printer model and wireless or wired network install, or make use of the wireless setup wizard from the control panel of your HP OfficeJet 5744 printer if accessible.
- Find the IP Address, subnet mask and Default Gateway on the report which will be based on your network connection type. You should use the IPv4 section if you see separate numbers for your IPv4 and IPv6.
- Find the URL for Embedded Web Server on the report from a computer hooked to your network and enter the URL in your internet browser. Then, use any other internet browser if the webpage is shown barely.
- Next, click the Network or Networking tab, and then open the section or page for your network type: wired or wireless.
- Select, click Manual IP if you see a Suggest Manual IP Address button to fill the IP addresses automatically. If you did not see such button, enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.
- Mark these fresh numbers on a note. You might need to use them later when adding a second printer device.