HP officejet pro 8740 Setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 is a mid-range printer device,aimed to serve small and home-office users. Automatic Document Feeder feature lets you to print the both sides at the same, it results in time and effort efficiency. This printer device has 63mm LCD touch screen control panel and dedicated button based controls. It has a USB socket on the front panel which makes it easy to share and print files by establishing the USB connection. Simplify the fax setup process with these guided instructions. The input tray can hold 225 sheets, it supports USB,wired and wireless connection. ePrint feature enables you to print wirelessly just by sending the document or image directly to the printer device. Get ePrint Setup instructions from 123.hp.com/setup 8740. It results in clean and sharp text printing, clear and bright color printing.123.hp.com/ojpro8740 is neatly designed and prints fast, it has versatile connection options which make it easy to connect your computer to the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer device.
UnPack HP OfficeJet pro 8740
- Open the printer package,you can find the basic accessories needed for the printer setup. Use the software installation CD to install the printer driver.
- Set of booklet helps to make the printer setup process easy, start here guide gives you basic setup and troubleshooting instructions.The HP Instant Ink card automatically subscribes to the ink service based on your subscription plan.
- HP provides a complete set of ink cartridges,it is recommended to use HP ink cartridges for better quality. Use the power cord to establish the power connection.
- The two-wire phone cable helps you to set up the fax connection. Use the plastic cover and pull out the printer device from the package.Remove the Styrofoam end caps, you can recycle all the packing materials.
- Remove the blue tape and other protective plastic items in and around the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer device. Slide out the input tray and take out the protective tape and other packing materials. Use the paper width guide to adjust the paper size.
- Lift open the scanner lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet. After the unpacking process, you can start the basic 123.hp.com/setup 8740 printer setup process
HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Setup
- Establish the power connection with the power cord, connect one end of the power cord to the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer device and the other end to the power source. It is recommended to use the wall outlet.
- Turn ON your printer device with the power button, set the basic preferences like the time,language,country/Region during the initialization process. Tap confirm to save the settings.
- Touch ” Continue Setup” to proceed with the 123.hp.com/setup 8740 setup process, the printer device now asks you to install the ink cartridges. Open the ink cartridge access door,place the ink cartridges in their allotted slots.
- After placing the ink cartridges, the panel displays ” Thank you for installing genuine ink cartridges” message. Now the printer device prompts you to load paper in the input tray.
- Slide out the input tray and load a pile of unused sheet into it,use the paper width guide to adjust the paper’s position. Your printer device automatically prints out an aligned page.
- Lift open the scanner lid and place the aligned page on the scanner glass. This process is required to calibrate your printer’s quality.
- You can recycle all the packing materials,get more support from the 123.hp.com/setup 8740 HP official Website. After the basic printer setup, you should install the printer driver on the computer device to start the printing process. With these HP Fax Receiving instructions, you can easily block the unwanted fax.
Printer Driver Installation Without CD-123.hp.com/setup 8740
- Before starting the printer driver installation, make sure that the printer device is connected to the same wireless network as your computer.
- From the Windows Search, enter devices and printers and choose Device manager from the result.
- Click Add a Printer option to add a new printer device. The installer automatically scans for printer devices.If the printer device is not listed then,use the ” The printer I want isn’t Listed” option to manually add the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer device.
- In Find a printer with other options windows, click Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.Choose ” Use an Existing port” and choose LPT1: Printer port.
- After selecting the port,click next and select the Manufacturer name and the printer device. Click next and you can manually edit the printer’s name if needed. Use the ” Print a Test Page” option to test your printer’s quality.
WiFi Protected Setup
WPS helps to establish a wireless connection in a faster and easier manner.It allows you to connect your device without entering the wireless network details like network name and password.Get more support from 123.hp.com/setup 8740.
Push Button Method
- Press the WPS button on your router device, your router tries to discover new devices. Choose the network from the device.
- Try to use wireless-enabled printers or range extenders for the wireless connection process. This connection process does not require any credential information.
- Your router is automated to send the network password and other connection information to the printer device. Your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer device automatically saves these details so that it can easily re-establish the connection without entering the details.
- The PIN method helps you to establish the wireless connection with automatically generated PIN. Use the WPS configuration page and locate your PIN number.
- Some devices support WPS but does not have a WPS button to establish the connection. You can use the WPS PIN and make the process easy.
- Enter the WPS PIN in your configuration panel, the router uses this WPS PIN and the printer device to the wireless network.
Printer is Offline-Windows
Sometimes your Printer device displays “Printer is Offline” status message and it fails to complete the printing process. Use these 123.hp.com/setup 8740 troubleshooting instructions to solve the issue.
HP Print and Scan Doctor
- You can use HP Print and Scan Doctor if your device have windows 10 or Windows 8. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor .exe file from the 123.hp.com/setup 8740 HP Official Website.
- After downloading the HP Print and Scan Doctor, click and locate your printer device. If your printer device isn’t listed, try to restart the device.
- Solve the connection with the 123.hp.com/setup 8740 HP Print and Scan Doctor Instructions. Update your printer driver and set your printer device as default. If the issue still exists, proceed with the next step.
Reset your Printer Environment
- Turn Off your printer and computer device, Unplug the power cord and other connection cables from the printer device.
- Let it idle for 10 seconds, reconnect the power cord to the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer device. Use the power button and turn ON your printer device.
- If you are using a wireless connection,reset the router and unplug the power cord from the router.Let it idle for 10 seconds, reconnect the power cord and check with the router’s activity status.Get more support from 123.hp.com/setup 8740.
- After the router’s connection, press the wireless button or use the wireless control panel icon to establish the wireless connection
- Now Turn ON your computer and connect the power cord to the printer device. Try to print if the issue still persists, continue with the next step.
Default Printer Selection
- Make sure that you are using the installed printer driver as the default print driver. The Default print driver might have changed after installing another printer driver.
- Search for Devices in the window search and click Devices and Printers from the result. Choose the active printer device and set them as a Default Printer.
- After setting the Default printer, try to print.If the issue still persist, use the 123.hp.com/setup 8740 HP official support.
Printer is Offline-Mac
“Printer is Offline” message indicates that the printer device can’t able to communicate with the computer,it is unable to finish the printing process.Use these 123.hp.com/setup 8740 troubleshooting instructions to solve the “Printer is Offline” issue
Printer and Mac Connection
- Turn Off your printer device, let it idle for five seconds. Unplug the USB cable from the printer device.
- Turn ON your printer device. Reconnect the USB cable after five seconds,apply enough pressure to make sure that the connection is strong and secured.
- Try to print,if the issue exists continue with the next step.
Reset the Printer Device
- Power Reset may help your printer device to restore the communication. Unplug the power cord from the printer device and the wall outlet.
- Let it idle for 60 seconds, now reconnect the power cord to the printer device. Use the power button to turn ON your printer device. If the issue is not resolved,proceed to the next step.
Check with the Printer List
- On the Windows search, enter Mac for Print and choose Print& Fax, Print&Scan and Printers &Scanners from the result. Locate the printer device from the list of devices.
- If there are multiple printer devices with the same name,remove them using the minus (-) button. Choose an available printer device and set them as the Default Printer.Try to print,if the issue still exists try the following troubleshooting instruction
Reset your printing system
- Try to reset the printing system and solve the printer issue. Right-click on the Desktop blank space and choose Reset Pritning System.
- Choose Reset in the Confirmation Windows and input the administrator user name and password. Reset and add the printer device to the list. If the printer can’t print, visit the HP Official Website 123.hp.com/setup 8740 for more support.