HP DeskJet 2676 Setup
While you unbox the printer, you will find the following items:
- USB cable
- Power cord and adapter set
- Printer driver installation CD for Mac and Windows.
- Two cartridges – a black and a tri-color one.
- A HP Deskjet 2676 user manual in Multilanguage which has steps for the basic setup and trouble shooting.
- Getting Started Guide. This is the basic step-by-step guide for how to setup your HP Deskjet 2676 Hardware Setup.
- HP Deskjet 2676 printer in a plastic bag
HP Deskjet 2676 setup can be done in 2 parts:
- Hardware Setup
- Software Setup
After the unpacking process, you have to start the HP DeskJet 2676 setup.
123.hp.com/setup 2676, Printer setup & install
HP Deskjet 2676 Features
Deskjet is the basic model of HP Printers. So people do not expect innumerable number of features in it. While, Customers expect it to be affordable with the basic functionalities available with less complexity to setup and operate. HP Deskjet 2676 setup is just that. Then, This is basically aimed at the users with occasional printing needs. Yet it has some useful features which is available in the higher end models.
Though most of the basic printer models only have provision for a USB connectivity, HP Deskjet 2676 supports Wireless printing and mobile printing. As it also supports Wireless Direct Printing, you do not have to rely upon your network for connectivity. Like many new models of HP, it compatible with Apple Airprint and Google Cloud print. So you can print from your smart phones or tablets using 123.hp.com/dj2676.
HP Deskjet 2676 Setup – Hardware
These are the steps for Hardware setup.
- Firstly, Prepare the power cords. Remove the twist ties around the cables, and stretch out the cables.
- Then, firmly attach the power cable into the power adapter.
- Now ,find the printer’s port at the back side of the printer which is color coded (For eg:purple) and matches with the power cable.
- Now, Plug the power cable firmly in place to the printer port.
- After that, Connect the one end of the power cord to the printer device and the other end to the power source.
- Then, On the top of the printer you can locate the power button.
- After that, Press the power button and suddenly numerous lights starts blinking.
- After that, You will hear a setup tone from the printer.
- Pull on the tab in the ink access door in the front of the printer and move the carriage to the middle of the printer.
- Now, it is time to install the ink cartridges.
- Then, There are two cartridges, a black and a tri-color.
- Remove the packaging of the cartridge.
- You will see an orange tab over the cartridge. You have to pull it to remove the tape which covers the electrical contacts and ink nozzles.
- While, The tri-color cartridge goes into the left side slot. Push the cartridge until it snaps into the place.
- Now your cartridges has been successfully installed. Finally, Close the ink access door and align the cartridges with width adjustment guide.
- As we can use different sizes of media to print , for eg, photo paper and envelops, we need to adjust this guide appropriately.
- Now, arrange a stack of paper and slide it into the input tray.
- Slide the width adjustment guide till the sides are stuck against the stack.
- Hp recommends to install the software from the CD or website 123.hp.com/setup 2676 or 123.hp.com/dj2676. Now, Run the alignment tool for your printer to get best quality print outputs.
HP Deskjet 2676 Setup - Software
After hardware setup, you can start with HP Deskjet 2676 software setup.
Continue Reading to get information about the new router setup or restore existing network connections.
1. Install HP DJ 2676 printer software
From any browser in your computer, go to the link 123.hp.com/dj2676. Then, Click download to get the latest version of printer driver software.
If you have an installation CD, you can install the printer software from the CD. You can also go to 123.hp.com/setup 2676 or 123.hp.com/dj2676 for HP Deskjet 2676 setup.
After the printer software download is complete, the full feature driver installation starts automatically.
After a while, a connect window opens. Do not press continue on this window.
2. Restore the HP DJ 2676 printer to default wireless settings
This will ensure that the wireless connection will be taken care by HP’s auto wireless connect feature.
- Press down the power button and press the Start Copy Black Button twice. Then, press cancel button three times.
- Now, release the power button. The wireless light which is situated near the wireless button should blink.
- Then, continue with the software installation process.
3. Continue the HP DJ 2676 installation
- Now, Click continue from the connect screen.
- Then, wireless light should be blinking at this point. While, Make sure that the power button is also bright.
- Then, Follow the instructions until a Connection Options screen opens.
- Select Wireless – make a wireless connection to the printer option on this screen.
- After that,a screen with following options is displayed.
- HP Auto Wireless Connect – Network check automatically collects the information regarding your network connection. Click Yes, then click Next.
- Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection – If the Network check could not gather your network settings, connect a USB cable from your computer to the printer and click
- Respond to the onscreen instructions . An Activate window opens.
- Now , the HP Deskjet 2676 software setup is complete . Finally, Close the setup window and start printing.